The Academy of Korean Studies runs the “AKS Fellowship Program for Korean Studies” in order to provide international scholars and doctoral candidates with an opportunity to carry out their research(dissertation research). The fellowship period should begin within year 2018. The applicants can apply for minimum one month to maximum one year support.
- Airfare: Economy-class round trip airfare(Only offered to overseas awardees)
- The airfare will be reimbursed based on the actual ticket price but the reimbursement should not exceed the amount of Government Transportation Request(GTR) cost according to the 2018 budgetary guidelines of international airfare.
- Monthly Stipend
- Senior Research Fellowship: 2,500,000won
- Junior Research Fellowship: 2,000,000won
- Pre-doctoral Fellowship: 1,500,000won
- Please note that they do not offer monthly stipend for research period less than 15 days and offer full monthly stipend for research period 15 or more days
- Access to the facilities of AKS including the library
- Up to 50% discount on AKS Guest House charges
Foreign scholars(including those who have Korean nationality with permanent residence status in foreign countries) in the humanities and social sciences, who are currently engaged in Korea-related teaching and research activities, are eligible to apply.
1. Senior Researcher Fellowship: Associate professor level or above/Ph. D. holder with 7 or more years of research experience
2. Junior Researcher Fellowship: Assistant professor level or below/ Ph. D. holder with less than 7 years of research experience
3. Pre-doctoral Fellowship: Doctoral candidates who have completed all academic requirements except for their dissertation (i.e., ABD) from institutions outside Korea. (※ Those who completed their Ph.D. courses at Korean schools or institutions are ineligible for pre-doctoral fellowship)
※ Those who have received AKS fellowship within the last 3 years(based on application submission date) are ineligible for this program.
Eligible Regions: Open For All
- Send the following papers at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Senior & Junior Research Fellowship
- Application form
- 1 Curriculum Vitae(CV)
- Certificate of Employment
- Pre-doctoral Fellowship
- 1 Application form
- Master’s and Doctoral Program Transcript(1 each)
- 1 certificate of Ph.D. course completion(Document that proves ABD status)
- 1 Curriculum Vitae(CV)
- 2 Reference Letters(1 from Ph.D. dissertation director)
- Applicants who have Korean citizenship should submit permanent residence document.
- All applications and required documents should be prepared in English or Korean only. If not, the certified translation document(English or Korean) must be attached.
- Applicants who can give lectures in AKS, please specify in the application form
Application Deadline: October 15, 2017