The Georg Eckert Institute for International Textbook Research. Member of the Leibniz Association is pleased to announce the Call for Applications for the 2018/2019 Georg Arnhold Visiting Research Professorship in Education for Sustainable Peace.
The appointment, for a three- to six-month research stay in Braunschweig, offers distinguished scholars from a variety of disciplines the opportunity to conduct research projects or to complete major publications without teaching or administrative obligations. The visiting professor participates in a one-week International Summer School for young scholars and develops the concept for the international Arnhold Symposium to be held at the end of his or her stay.
- A monthly stipend up to 6,500 euro for a three- to six-month research stay in Braunschweig
- Round-trip economy airfare to Germany, and
- Administrative support provided by the program coordinators.
Candidates are responsible for obtaining a passport and any visa that might be required as well as for arranging healthcare insurance for the duration of their stay in Germany.
- Distinguished scholars from the humanities, political and social sciences, education sciences or law who hold a Ph.D. and have excellent knowledge of English may apply
- Applicants must demonstrate outstanding academic or professional achievement in their fields and ideally combine scholarly excellence and contact with hands-on practice and grassroots work.
- Individuals with extensive high-level international experience in government or non-governmental organizations or in international organizations may also apply.
In exceptional cases, the Georg Eckert Institute will consider applications from practitioners who do not hold a Ph.D. but who have at least five years of advanced professional experience in the area of peace education and who can demonstrate that their work and/or research projects have made an outstanding impact in the field of peace education.
Eligible Regions: Open for all
Application Deadline: October 1, 2017