We are looking for young people from all over the world interested in a comprehensive, exceptional quality journalism program with an international broadcaster. Candidates should have journalism experience or be passionate about switching to journalism from technology/IT, economics or the sciences. We are looking for open-minded people full of creative ideas. The program covers the range of skills a journalist of the future needs: TV moderation, multimedia storytelling, data journalism, social media and virtual reality – in seminars, workshops and of course the DW editorial offices and our correspondent bureaux in Washington, Moscow and Brussels. DW trainees are involved in long-term innovative, international projects and have been honored in past years with the CNN Journalism Award and the Grimme Prize.
For the bilingual DW traineeship we are looking for:
- English native speakers with a good working knowledge of German OR
- German native speakers with an excellent working knowledge of English OR
- Native speakers of another DW program language (specifically Turkish, Russian, Farsi, Kiswahili and Hausa) with a good, working knowledge of both English and German.
DW journalism traineeship
- 18 months
- trainee salary
- international broadcaster in 30 languages
- crossmedia: TV, online and radio
- six months of seminar blocks
- internships in Berlin and Bonn
- placement with DW foreign bureau
- international multimedia projects
- well-known media trainers
In order to apply, .
If you have any questions, check the or write to: firstname.lastname@example.org.