The University of Antwerp is now accepting applications for full-time (100%) doctoral scholarship holder in the area of image analysis for painting conservation. Students from Belgium are eligible to apply.
The University of Antwerp is one of the major Belgian universities located in the city of Antwerp. The name is abbreviated as UAntwerp, as the abbreviation UA should no longer be used.
Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue doctoral programme.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the area of image analysis for painting conservation.
Scholarship Award: University offers:
- A doctoral scholarship for a period of one year. During this period the promoter will submit grant applications in order to provide full financing for the following years;
- The scholarship starts between 1 October 2017 and 1 January 2018 and runs for 1 year;
- A gross monthly grant ranging from € 2 280.27 to € 2 419.84;
- A dynamic and stimulating work environment; you will work both on the City Campus (Heritage Department) and on the Campus Drie Eiken (Vision Lab) and in external labs.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Belgium
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
Profile and requirements
- Students hold a master degree in science, engineering, heritage conservation or another relevant academic discipline. Students in the final year of their degree can also apply.
- Students have experience in image processing and analysis and you are motivated to explore and investigate problems of painting conservation, or you have a strong background in the conservation of paintings and you are motivated to develop your skills in digital image analysis and CT techniques.
- Students can submit outstanding academic results.
- Student’s academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- Students are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
Nationality: Students from Belgium are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must hold a master degree in science, engineering, heritage conservation or another relevant academic discipline.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via online.
- Applications may only be submitted online. Along with your application, add a CV and motivation letter. You can submit your application till closing date August 31, 2017.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications.
- The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel.
- More information about the application form can be obtained from vacatures-at-uantwerpen.be
- For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact Prof. Roel Hendrickx.
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is August 31, 2017.