[dropcap size=big]T[/dropcap]he United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) is pleased to launch the Call for Applications for the Young Peacebuilders in Middle East and North Africa programme. The Call is open to participants between 18 to 25 years old, from the region, with a strong interest in growing their ability to act as agents of peace in their community, region and beyond.
Up to 20 young women and young men affiliated with youth-led and youth-focused organizations will be selected to participate in an intercultural dialogue and peacebuilding experience. Over the course of several weeks, the selected participants will interact online through a series of facilitated modules, and in-person, during a one-week workshop in Amman, Jordan. Participants will act as a force multiplier of the lessons learned through the program and actively take part in follow-up activities at the community level.
Implemented in collaboration with Generations For Peace, the aim of this programme is to support the growth of networks of young peacebuilders who are equipped with the tools to address stereotypes, prejudice and polarization in order to build more inclusive and peaceful societies in their communities and globally. It is part of UNAOC’s educational programming for young people, which seeks to enhance the ability of young people and their organizations to foster mutual respect, understanding and long-term positive relationships between peoples of different cultures and religions.
In order to be considered eligible to apply, you must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- Are you between 18 and 25 years old? *
- Are you a citizen of a MENA country and do you currently live in this region? **
- Are you interested in taking part in an intercultural learning experience with other young people from MENA and develop joint actions to promote peace?
- Are you part of a youth-led organization, network or initiative?
- Do you want to increase your ability to contribute to peace and social inclusion in your community, country and region?
- Are you in the beginning stages of your involvement in this type of work and want to learn more?
As an official policy, the organizers of Young Peacebuilders programme do not require payment of any participation fee. All selected youth participants will be provided with
- Round-trip travel (international or domestic flight, economy class) to Amman, Jordan for the face-to-face workshop as well as to the city of the symposium;
- Shared accommodation (double-rooms), with a participant from the same gender, in the city of the workshop and the city of the symposium;
- Meals and coffee breaks during the official duration of the workshops in Amman and the symposium;
- Shuttles or reimbursement of transportation to/from the airport and hotel in Amman and city of the symposium.
Note: For the workshop and symposium, youth participants will be responsible for their transportation to and from the airport in their country of residence, as well as any personal and incidental expenses incurred outside of the official portions of the workshop, such as souvenirs, equipment, additional food, etc.
20 selected participants will learn and collaborate online and in-person during – participants will interact online through a series of facilitated modules and in-person during a one-week workshop in Amman, Jordan .
In order to participate, applicants must commit to completing all phases of the programme, outlined below. Online involvement is part-time, while the workshop is a full time, one-week experience. Participation in the results-sharing symposium is also mandatory.
Deadline: 31 August 2017
Open to: participants between the ages of 18 and 25 years old, from Algeria, Bahrain, Djibouti, Egypt, Iran, Israel, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, State of Palestine, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen
Scholarship: Round-trip travel, Shared accommodation (double-rooms), Meals and coffee breaks and Shuttles or reimbursement of transportation to/from the airport and hotel
In order to apply, .
The application deadline is August 31, 2017, 11:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time (New York).