● Applicants are requested to list their name on each page of the application and to number each page of a multi-page document.
● Board members reviewing applications will only read items sent as attachments. Any message to the program director may be sent in a separate email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Applicants should not submit blank pages or extraneous documents.
● Applicants are requested not to submit materials more than one month prior to the deadline.
● In order to expedite the processing of the applications we request that applicants and others submitting materials on their behalf use the following titles when naming attachments:
If you are submitting all required documents in a single email, including all transcripts and reference letters, merge the items into a single file in the order listed above and title the attachment Last name of applicant-Complete.
If one or both of your reference letters or your transcript is being sent separately, either by email or mail, title your attachments as follows:
|Application Item||Title of attached document|
|Items 1-4||Last name of applicant-1-4|
|Items 1-4 and all transcripts||Last name of applicant-1-5|
|Official transcript(s)||Last name of applicant-Transcript|
|Two letters of reference||Last name of applicant-Last name of letter writer|
|Complete application||Last name of applicant-Complete|
● There is no need to write Scoville Fellowship or the semester for which you are applying in the title of each document.
Reference letters and transcripts that are not available by email may be mailed to
Herbert Scoville Jr. Peace Fellowship
820 1st Street, NE
Washington, DC 20002
The deadline for receipt of all application materials is:
Fall 2018 Fellowship–January 5, 2018
Spring 2019 Fellowship–October 1, 2018
The fellowship’s board of directors selects the top applicants for Washington interviews. The fellowship pays for travel and accommodations for the finalists during the interview weekend. Interviews take place approximately 12-15 weeks after the application deadline. All unsuccessful applicants will be notified at that time.
Spring Fellowship–begin between January 15 and April 1
Fall Fellowship–begin between July 15 and October 1