Deadline for abstracts is 8 January, 2018, at 23:59!
Requirements for abstracts
- The abstract should introduce the student’s original research project, e.g. bachelor’s thesis, master’s thesis or seminar work.
- The research must reflect one of the six thematic sections of the conference.
- The abstract should meet the criteria of an academic abstract, introducing the research focus, methods, results, and conclusions. All the selected abstracts will be published in the conference online abstract book.
- Language: all the abstracts should in the language in which they will be presented.
- Length: 250-300 words.
Selection process and criteria
The Conference Academic Committee will assess all the abstracts based on the following criteria:
1. Quality of the abstract (correct academic format, word limit followed, etc.) – 20%
2. Relevance of the topic to the themes of the conference – 40%
3. International relevance of the topic – 40%
Up to 40 students will receive the invitation to present their work. The Committee will inform the selected applicants about the results by 15 January, 2018. Only accepted applicants will be notified.
Requirements for presentation
- Language: English (for the Russian language and culture, education, and linguistics and culture: Russian or English)
- The time limit for a presentation is 15 minutes, followed by a 5-minute discussion led by the chair. The presentation should be accompanied by slides.
General information about the program:
Wednesday, April 18 – arrival day
Thursday, April 19 – first conference day/roundtable discussion/cultural night
Friday, April 20 – second conference day/goodbye dinner
Saturday, April 21 – excursion/cultural day/departure