The Aid & International Development Forum is currently accepting nominations for the Innovator of the Year Award. This competition celebrates individuals as well as teams who have introduced game-changing initiatives, created research or inventions that have made an impact on the humanitarian aid and development sectors in Africa over the past year. The aim is to recognise individuals for their inspiring leadership, forward thinking, creative problem-solving and implementation of innovative programmes that have helped drive Africa’s progress towards Sustainable Development Goals.
The winner of the award will be announced on 28 February 2018 at the 3rd annual Aid & Development Africa Summit in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Nominations are open to individuals who work for UN and government agencies, NGOs, donors, development banks, Red Cross and the private sector active within the humanitarian aid and development sector in Africa
- An award can be based on the work of a team, but needs to contain a name of the team leader i.e. nominee, who will accept the award on the team’s behalf
- Self-nominations are allowed
- Please obtain the nominee’s consent to participate in this awards program
- There is no submission fee, however if you are entering a nomination, please ensure that you complete all required fields of the nomination form