Australian Book Review welcomes entries in the twelfth Calibre Essay Prize. The Calibre Prize, founded in 2007, is one of the world’s leading prizes for an original non-fiction essay. It is now worth a total of $7,500. Entry is open to anyone in the world who is writing in English. The winning essay will be published in ABR’s 400th issue in April 2018.
- First Prize: $5,000
- Second Prize: $2,500
- All essays must be written in English
- Essays must be between 3,000 and 6,000 words
- You may illustrate your essay, but the total file size should not exceed 3 MB
- Entries must be single-authored
- Essays can be on any non-fiction subject