The United Nations System Staff College (UNSSC) has opened application for internship in Italy. The United Nations System Staff College (UNSSC) with its headquarters in Turin, Italy, is the United Nations institution for system-wide knowledge management, learning and training for the staff of the United Nations system. The College is expected to play a pivotal role in contributing to UN reform, the development of a common culture based on effectiveness, expertise and continuous learning through the development, co-ordination and provision of cross-cutting learning programmes which impact on all agencies and staff.
The selected intern will apply her/his skills in the field of communications to support the activities of the UNSSC Directorate. S/he will gain understanding of the UN’s work in general, and in the area of communications, in particular. The incumbent will report to the Policy and Corporate Coordination Officer, under the daily guidance of the UNSSC Communications focal point. Specifically, the intern will be responsible for the following activities:
- Updating social media platforms regularly with platform-specific content;
- Drafting communication materials including mailers, newsletters and web content;
- Supporting the execution of communication campaigns, events and other outreach activities;
- Assisting in drafting press releases, speeches and articles.
- Assisting with research, provide substantive and administrative assistance as required and perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor