Anyone can become a Shuttleworth Fellow.
- You do not have to have any specific level of education, or you could have a PhD.
- You do not have to have years of experience in the workplace or be an up and coming millennial.
- You do not have to be from any specific geography or nationality
- You do not have to have an organisation, but you can if you want to, and it can be for or not for profit.
- You do not have to be of any specific gender.
- You do not even have to be building software.
- You should just be able to communicate fluently in English.
- You should have is a clear sense of how you can contribute to changing the world for the better.
- You should be able to articulate the problem, and your idea should offer a fresh approach to addressing that problem.
- You should be able to motivate why you are the best person to do this, and how this particular fellowship might help you do that.