The University of Hamburg is proud to announce a structured PhD programme in Legal Studies and awards scholarships. The university accepts applications from students all over the world.
As the largest research and training institution in Northern Germany and one of the largest universities in Germany, the University of Hamburg unites a wide range of courses with excellent research. It offers a wide range of subjects with numerous interdisciplinary focuses and has a far-reaching cooperation network with top-level institutions at regional, national and international level.
- Applications deadline: January 31, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to graduates from students both legal studies and other disciplines who are keen to produce ambitious doctoral work in an excellent research environment.
- Scholarship Award: Scholarships
- The Albrecht Mendelssohn Bartholdy Graduate School of Law awards scholarships of € 1,050 per month towards living expenses. An addition € 100 per month is granted for research costs.
- Scholarships are granted for the full duration of the doctoral program. The continuation of your scholarship each year is subject to an annual review process based on satisfactory academic progress. Please indicate clearly in your application for admission whether or not you will be applying for a scholarship.
No tuition fees
- Students at Albrecht Mendelssohn Bartholdy Graduate School of Law do not pay tuition fees.
- All enrolled students must pay the university’s administration fee (approx. € 310 per semester). This includes a six-month ticket for public transport in the City of Hamburg.
- Nationality: Applicants from all over the world are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given.
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany