20-25 PhD students are annually accepted into IMPRS Research Groups. If you are interested in starting your PhD in 2018, make sure to register before 7 Jan 2018.
Exceptional research, scientific training and mentoring at the cutting edge – the MPI-CBG and its International Max Planck Research School for Cell, Developmental and Systems Biology – IMPRS-CellDevoSys are a great place for ambitious, curious and independent minds who want to earn a PhD in life sciences, computer science, or physics, and who aim at becoming a future leader in science.
As English is the working language of the program, applicants should demonstrate a high level of spoken and written English proficiency. We recommend including TOEFL or IELTS results with your application if available.
- Applications deadline: January 17, 2018
- Course Level: Positions are available to pursue Ph.D. programme.
- Study Subject: Positions are awarded in life sciences, computer science, or physics.
- Scholarship Award: The IMPRS-CellDevoSys offers full financial support during thesis preparation, up to 4 years. Financial support is granted via an employment contract according to 65% TvöD E13(German tariff for employees in civil service). Health insurance, pension contribution, and other social benefits are included in the contract. The net take-home pay for PhD students (after taxes and deductions) is a minimum of 1,450 Euro per month.
- Nationality: These positions are available to students worldwide.
- Number of Scholarships: 20-25 PhD students are annually accepted into IMPRS Research Groups.
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International applicants are eligible to apply for this position.