The ‘Gro Brundtland Award’ offers you an opportunity to meet and discuss with other female researchers in the same field and establish the international connection. It’s a great chance to introduce your own research to other international research groups and it promotes future collaborations between institutions.
Dr. Gro Harlem Brundtland has been a global leader in promoting sustainable development for the benefit of humanity for more than 30 years. Dr. Brundtland provides part of the rewards to promote the sustainable development, especially for public health, in the developing countries. She aims to promote the involvement of younger women researchers from developing countries in the issues of sustainable development and equitable health systems. One-week science activity in Taiwan – including plenary sessions, symposiums, panel discussions and exhibitions – about global issues related to sustainable development in public health, will be held annually for a total of three years.
Each year, five qualified female researchers from developing countries and Taiwan will be invited and subsidized to present their work during the week. Building a network and support system among female scientists from different countries will be emphasized and promoted throughout the event.
- Round-trip economy class airfare to Taiwan, 6-days’ accommodation;
- Some meals and transportation during the week will be provided.
Five young female scientists, one from Taiwan and four from other developing countries, will be invited to attend the Gro Brundtland Week after their application materials are evaluated. Applicants must:
- Be female
- Hold a research doctorate (e.g., Ph.D., Ed.D., Sc.D., D.B.A., M.D.)
- Less than 40 years of age
- Be citizens of a developing country or Taiwan
- Do research related to public health & sustainable development
- Please register as a member first. The Online Application Form can be found in your member centre.
- After filling in all the information and attach required documents, you can click ‘SAVE’ button to save your information and make any changes as needed in the member centre.
- Remember to click ‘SUBMIT’ button to complete the submission procedure. Please note that it is not allowed to make any changes once the application has been submitted.
- Apply through the given link.
Application Deadline: November 24, 2017