The new UNIL Master Scholarships are available for students who have graduated from a foreign university and whose academic results are very good. Foreign students are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
About University: The University of Lausanne in Lausanne, Switzerland was founded in 1537 as a school of theology, before being made a university in 1890. Today about 13,500 students and 2,200 researchers study and work at the university.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Master degree programme.
Available Subject: All masters UNIL as listed being at www.unil.ch/enseignement/page23109.html
However, it is not possible to apply for the following programs:
- Master of the School of Medicine
- Master science and education practices
- Master in Law from the Universities of Zurich and Lausanne
- Master of Law in Criminal Justice, Judiciary mention
- All MAS (3rd cycle programs)
Warning: for the Master of Law (Master of Law), only two endorsements
“International and comparative law” and “legal theory” are open for a postulation on a Master’s scholarship.
Scholarship Benefits: The scholarship is awarded for the minimum period of the program chosen by the student. It amounts to CHF 1,600. – Per month from 15 September to 15 July (i.e. 10 months per year), for the entire duration of the master’s degree (1 year and a half or 2 years depending on the chosen master), except In case of definitive failure after the first year.
Number of Scholarships: UNIL grants ten scholarships a year.
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Obtain a foreign university degree deemed equivalent to a Bachelor of UNIL before the start of the master program at the UNIL.
- To have distinguished herself during her studies, notably by particularly brilliant academic results.
- Have a minimum level of B2 (level according to the global scale of the European Language Portfolio) in French or English depending on the language of instruction of the chosen master.
- Not already registered at UNIL.
- To have paid the administrative fee of CHF 200.- (see document “list of documents to be attached to your application file”)
Abandonment of the program results in suspension of the scholarship.
Eligible Nationalities: Foreign students are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
Application Procedure: Applicants must send their completed application form (refer to the document “list of documents to be attached to your application file”), unbound, by post only.
Deadline: The deadline for applications is November 1 to start a master’s degree in the next academic year, in the autumn semester or in the spring semester if the program allows. The postmark is valid.