We are pleased to welcome you to the International Conference on Humanities, Social Sciences and Sustainability (IXSUS 2017) held Monday and Tuesday, October 30-31, 2017 at the Hawaii Convention Center in Honolulu, Hawaii, USA. Following the commencement and plenary, please join us for a special welcome brunch reception at the Hawaii Convention Center Monday, October 30th from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 noon.
With the theme of ‘Resilience’ the conference will promote a critical understanding of the innovative and organic approaches from the humanities and social sciences toward sustainability. Our shared biosphere and rapid globalization ensure no country is immune from another’s problems and risks, which means a collective and multidisciplinary approach is essential for integrating environmental and cultural sustainability.
Contemporaries tend to define sustainability as environmental issue; however, it is important to take a holistic perspective that embraces the critical relationship between ecological sciences and humanities. This is evident as human communities as well as their diverse biological and cultural heritage are increasingly threatened by mounting environmental and societal problems from climate change and exploitation of finite resources to the inequities and human costs of unsustainable practices and technologies.
Full papers are welcome, but not required. Registered participants with an accepted abstract and/or refereed full paper will be published in the Proceedings (ISSN 2188-6622). Oral, poster and virtual presenters shall be included in the Proceedings.
Date: October 30-31, 2017
Open to: academics, researchers, policy makers, students, and other professionals concerned with sustainability
Venue: Hawaii Convention Center in Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
We welcome submission of 250 words in English by Friday, July 28, 2017.
- Art, Architecture and Eco-Design
- Cultural Sustainability and Cultural Geography
- Energy, Environmental Studies and Water
- Gender Studies and Human Rights
- Language and Linguistic Sustainability
- Literature and Eco-criticism
- Psychology and Behavioral Studies
- Public Health
- Public Policy
- Religion and Ecology
- Sustainable Business, Production and Consumption
- Sustainable Development
- Tourism (Eco, Geo, Sustainable)
- Urban Planning
- Other Areas (Please Specify)
Registration Fee Rates
|Registration Type||Early Rate by August 18||Register Now||Late Rate|
(Oral and Poster)
|$479.00 USD||$589.00 USD|
|General Audience||$479.00 USD||$589.00 USD|
|Virtual Presenters||$300.00 USD||Contact Secretariat||Flat Rate|
- Registered participants will have access to all sessions and receive a program schedule, name badge and certificate of attendance.
- The fee does not include transportation, hotel accommodation, meals or visa support.
- Registration is based on availability and may sell out prior to the cut off date.Registration includes access to all sessions, schedule program and access to the proceedings.
- An official receipt and letter confirming attendance and/or presentation will be provided.
In order to apply, .
If you have any questions, please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org.