Center for Security Studies (C4SS) is delighted to offer New PostDoc Position within the Center for Security Studies at Metropolitan University Prague, the Czech Republic starting on October 1, 2017. International applicants are eligible to apply for this position.
The aim of this position is to provide financial help to international students.
Center for Security Studies (C4SS) was launched on 1 January 2009. Since the beginning, C4SS focused on students and graduates MUP in their organization and activities. C4SS main objectives in this area is an internationally recognized research linking global, regional and local security with the creation of the intellectual conditions for the education of future generations of experts from the Czech Republic and abroad.
Course Level: Position is available to pursue Postdoctoral program.
Study Subject: Position is awarded within the Center for Security Studies.
Scholarship Award: Fellowship of value 40 000 CZK per month will be awarded. The selected fellow will be offered a regular employment agreement for 12 months in accordance with the law of the Czech Republic.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in the Czech Republic
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- A PhD degree in a social science discipline relevant to the study of security, broadly understood. The fellow must have officially obtained the Ph.D. degree no later than the starting date of the fellowship and no earlier than 3 years before the starting date of the fellowship.
Nationality: International applicants are eligible to apply for this position.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: A PhD degree in a social science discipline relevant to the study of security, broadly understood.
How to Apply: In order to provide our evaluators with relevant information to perform their work efficiently, please submit please submit your application via e-mail to o.bures-at-mup.cz, containing all of the following documents (in English exclusively):
- The completed application form
- A CV, including a list of publications
- One sample peer-reviewed publication in a .pdf format
- A detailed research proposal (maximum 10 pages/20,000 signs (spaces included)and a bibliography – maximum 1 additional page)
- Two letters of recommendation. Candidates are requested to instruct the referees to e-mail their letter of recommendation directly to bures-at-mup.cz by the application deadline. Applicants will not be able to access these documents. Late recommendation letters will not be considered.
Application Deadline: Application deadline is August 1, 2017.