The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD) brings future leaders to the U.S. to experience the U.S. educational system, share their culture, and explore U.S. culture and values.
Global UGRAD is administered by World Learning on behalf of the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs.
Global UGRAD provides one semester scholarships to outstanding undergraduate students from around the world for non-degree full-time study combined with community service, professional development, and cultural enrichment.
Since 2008, World Learning has provided this opportunity to approximately 2,000 Global UGRAD students. Participants leave the U.S. with the tools to become leaders in their professions and communities. Global UGRAD alumni go on to receive Fulbright grants, obtain prestigious international internships, and work in business and government in their home countries.
To promote mutual understanding between people of the United States and other countries.
- Provide a fulfilling exchange experience to drive academic, cross-cultural, and leadership competencies for students from Global UGRAD countries;
- Enhance students’ academic knowledge and professional skills needed to pursue long-term academic and career goals;
- Cultivate students’ comprehensive and nuanced understanding of the U.S;
- Facilitate opportunities for students to establish social networks with U.S. host institutions and local communities;
- Empower students to engage constructively in the civic life of their local and global communities.