Submit photos showcasing your stories of “increasing impact” and, ultimately, acting to achieve HIV/AIDS epidemic control to the World AIDS Day 2017 Photo Contest! USAID is looking for photos that support the theme of “Increasing Impact through Transparency, Accountability, and Partnerships.” Taking action now is a necessary step to controlling the HIV/AIDS epidemic.
USAID, in collaboration with international partners and local governments, is working tirelessly to achieve this goal. Help them showcase your stories of “increasing impact” and ultimately, acting to achieve epidemic control. The winning photos will be featured on the USAID website and on USAID Global Health social media channels.
Examples of photo themes that they are looking for:
- Prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV;
- TB/HIV ;
- Testing and counseling;
- Treatment and antiretroviral drugs;
- Health system strengthening for HIV;
- Innovation and impact in community settings;
- Fighting against HIV Stigma;
- Faces of HIV-positive individuals who are comfortable sharing their status to combat stigma;
- HIV education;
- Partnerships to end HIV/AIDS;
- Drug development and vaccine research
- Entries are accepted from anyone, anywhere in the world;
- Photo submissions must follow the requirements below (no exceptions):
- High-resolution, high-quality photos that are at least 1024 pixels or larger (tall or wide) or around 300 pixels per inch. Please send the highest resolution photo possible (at least 1 MB);
- Accepted formats are high-quality JPG and JPEG;
- Photos must each include a credit: name of photographer and organizational affiliation (if applicable);
- Photos must each include:
- City and country in which it was taken
- Month, day and year during which it was taken
- Caption including who is in photo, what they are doing, and how it is a part of/relates to working towards epidemic control;
- Photos must each be an original submission (submitted by photographer or with permission);
- They will not accept a photo with an overlaid logo or text. Additionally, they will not accept a photo sent inside a Word document or PDF. Please send only the photo file;
- Individuals may submit up to five photos.
Please submit your high-resolution photos with caption and credit to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, November 21, 2017 at 11:59pm.
For more information, visit USAID World AIDS Day Photo Contest.