The Student Design Competition celebrates original design and rewards individuals and/or teams whose projects demonstrate innovative, functional design solutions that have a positive environmental and human impact, while allowing emerging professionals the opportunity to showcase their work and fresh design ideas to professionals working in the field.
- This competition is open to graduate and undergraduate students around the world who are currently enrolled in an interior design or architecture program.
- School projects already completed may be reinterpreted and/or edited to meet the requirements of this competition. If the school project was completed as a group, all members must agree in writing to enter the reinterpreted and/or edited project, and all members must be listed as participants on the entry form
First, second, and third place winners will be selected by a jury of interior design and business professionals who will judge entries based on innovation and creativity, coherence and functionality, human impact, fulfillment of program requirements, and presentation of the information.
Prizes from OFS Brands:
1st Place – $2,500
2nd Place – $1,500
3rd Place – $750
*Prizes to be split amongst team members for team submissions that win.
Winners will be announced in the Spring 2018 issue of QUAD, the IIDA student newsletter, and featured in DesignMatters and on the IIDA website.
Your project must be submitted digitally through the competition website from Nov. 6, 2017, to Feb. 5, 2018, 11:59 p.m. Central time. Each submission must include the following:
- Project/Contact Info (entry form)
- Participant name(s)
- Member ID (if a current member)
- Project title
- Contact info
- 500-word project description outlining why your concept demonstrates the best solution for OFS Brands HQ
- (1) 24”x36” digital presentation board in PDF format not to exceed 5MB containing:
- (1) Dimensioned floor plan drawn to scale
- (1) Furniture and materials plan
- You may combine the dimensioned floor plan and furniture plans.
- (1) Reflected ceiling plan (Assume the ceiling is a blank slate.)
- (2) to (4) Renderings of the completed space
- (2) Additional drawings of the space (elevation, perspective, isometric, axonometric, orthographic)
- Additional elements to convey the overall concept including, but not limited to, furniture and fixture specifications, color palettes, wall sections, electrical plans, schedules, additional renderings, etc.
- File name: SDC + initials + year_board (SDCLHH2018_board.pdf)
- Individual JPEG digital submissions of the (10) to (12) required drawings/renderings outlined above saved as:
- JPG format
- RGB color mode
- Maximum size of 1MB per image
- File name: SDC + initials + year_number (SDCLHH2018_1.jpg)
- Document dimensions not to exceed 11”x17”
Application Deadline: Feb. 5th 2018, 11:59 p.m. Central time.
For More Information: