Through the Women Techmakers Scholars Programme – formerly the Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship Programme – Google is furthering Dr. Anita Borg’s vision of creating gender equality in the field of computer science by encouraging women to excel in computing and technology and become active leaders and role models in the field.
Course Level: Bachelors, Masters, PhD
Offered annually? Yes
To be taken at: Universities in Europe, the Middle East and Africa
Eligible Subject Areas: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Informatics or a closely related technical ﬁeld
Selection Criteria: Multiple scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of candidates’ academic performance, leadership experience and demonstrated passion for computer science.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Identify as female
- currently be enrolled at a university for the 2017/2018 academic year
- Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student in a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD program at a university in Europe, the Middle East or Africa for the 2017-2018 academic year
- Be studying Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Informatics or a closely related technical ﬁeld
- Demonstrate and Maintain a strong academic record
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate passion for increasing the involvement of women in Computer Science
Number of Scholarships: Not specified
Value of Scholarship:
- The scholarship recipients will each receive a €7,000 (or equivalent) scholarship.
- A retreat opportunity to connect with fellow scholars and Google mentors, while participating in professional and personal development trainings and workshops.
- An online network with fellow scholars program participants designed to share resources, support the global community of women in tech and collaborate on projects to make continued impact.
Method of Application: The Women Techmakers Scholarship is a one-time scholarship. While past applicants and finalists are encouraged to reapply, unfortunately, past recipients of any Google scholarship, including the Women Techmakers Scholarship and Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship, are not eligible to apply.
Complete the online application and submit all requested documents by 1st December 2017. The following application documents must be in English.
- General background information (includes contact information and information about your current and intended institutions)
- Current resume
- Academic transcripts from your current and prior institutions (if you have earned a prior degree)
- One letter of reference from a professor, instructor, adviser or supervisor
- Responses to four essay questions
Scholarship Application Deadline: 1st December 2017