The Center on Conflict and Development (ConDev, condev.org) Student Media Grant is now open! This photojournalism grant, funded by the Howard G. Buffett Foundation Chair on Conflict and Development, awards up to $5,000 to students interested in capturing issues facing fragile and conflict-affected areas of the world through stunning photography. Past winners have traveled to and produced photography highlighting issues in Nigeria, Mali, Bangladesh, Nicaragua, Kenya, Haiti, Guatemala, Ethiopia, Peru, and other conflict-affected regions.
ConDev—part of Texas A&M University’s Department of Agricultural Economics—works to improve the effectiveness of development programs and policies for conflict-affected and fragile countries through international research, education and projects.
The Center uses science and technology to reduce armed conflict, sustain families and communities during conflict, and assist states to rapidly recover from conflict.
Application Deadline: September 30, 2017
The program is OPEN TO STUDENTS WORLDWIDE (undergraduate, graduate, PhD, etc.). Students graduating in December 2017-May 2018 are also eligible to apply.
- August 1, 2017: APPLICATION OPENS! You can start e-mailing your finished proposals to email@example.com
- September 30, 2017 by 11:59pm CST: Application deadline
- October 2017: Review Period – please be patient as we review your incredible proposals!
- December 2017: Notification Period (approximate)
- January 2018 (Depending on proposal timeline): Funding Disbursement (approximate)
- January-December 2018: Grant winners travel and implement their photojournalism projects