Specialist languages in teaching and translation: theory and practice,
which will be held on 17-18 November 2017 in Poznan, Poland.
The conference will cover the following topics:
- new trends in teaching specialist languages,
- developing individual language skills in specialist language classes,
- teaching specialist languages for professional purposes,
- research methodology for teaching and translating specialist languages,
- student – teacher interaction in specialist language classes,
- problems and challenges in teaching specialist translation,
- translation practice and specialist languages,
- analysis of specialist discourse,
- specialist language research perspectives.
The languages of the conference are German, English and Polish. The papers which will receive positive reviews will be published in a scientific journal or as conference proceedings.
Conference fee: 100 euro. The fee includes conference materials, conference dinner, coffee breaks, a tour of Poznan, including a workshop at the Poznan Croissant Museum, and costs of publication of a conference presentation (after positive reviews).
Abstract submission (150 to 200 words): 1 September 2017
Notification of acceptance: 15 September 2017
Registration and payment: by 1 October 2017
Contact details and abstract submission:
dr Joanna Kic-Drgas
dr Marta Zawacka- Najgeburska