The Conveners (2030 Youth Alliance) of the African Youth Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) in collaboration with the Ministry of Youth and Sports (Ghana), the National Youth Authority (Ghana) and the African Monitor (South Africa) with support from the United Nations Development Program (UNDP Ghana) is organizing the maiden African Youth SDG Summit in Ghana.
The goal of the summit is to provide an open and inclusive platform for young people in Africa, SDG Achievers, African Governments, Development Partners and the private sector to dialogue and address pertinent issues affecting the youth. It is also meant to help develop innovative ways of ending poverty, unemployment, conflict and combat climate change in the African sub-region. The summit is envisaged to be an annual event aimed at elevating the African youth voices and to create a community of purpose for co-generation of ideas and awareness on the SDGs.
THEME: “Youth as Drivers of Sustainable Development,”
- Network with over 250 participants across Africa
- Exchange ideas and knowledge on sustainable development
- Certificate of participation
- Tour to Kakum National Park
- Young people between 15-35 years from all over the world
- Involved in community development initiatives or work with Non-Governmental Organization
- Interested in the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Eligible Regions: Open to all
Apply online through given website.
Register now for the 1st African Youth SDGs Summit as youth delegate!
- Youth Delegate Category 1: Ghanaian youth/students under age 24-00
- Youth Delegate Category 2:-Ghanaian youth age 25 and above -GHC250.00
- Youth Delegate Category 3: Delegates from other African countries-$200.00
- Youth Delegate Category 4: Delegates from other countries $00
Application Deadline: August 31, 2017